- Install occupancy sensors and timers in areas that are used sporadically such as break rooms and storage areas. You’ll cut energy use by up to 40 percent. Some Led lights now have them Installed into the lights!
- Replace your metal halide lighting with more efficient and easier to control LED fixtures which will save you nearly 80% on your energy use.
- Make sure indoor lights are turned off overnight and on weekends. And make sure outdoor lights are turned off during the day.
- Clean bulbs, light fixtures and lamps regularly. By removing dust and dirt you may increase the output and safety of your lights.
- To prevent glare, eyestrain and headaches, do not “over light.” Too much light can produce poor visual quality and costs more.